Sevenoaks Repair Café and the BIG FIX!
Sevenoaks Repair Café will be part of the BIG FIX on 14 May 2022
For the first time Sevenoaks will be part of the BIG FIX. Dozens of Repair Cafés around the country will be held on Saturday 14th May with one goal – to fix as much as possible. Skilled volunteers from all over the country will give their time and expertise to help fix items that might have otherwise been thrown away. Other volunteers help in organising the visitors and running the café supplying teas and coffees, and stocking them with gastronomic home-made treats, like chocolate brownies and lemon drizzle cake.
One volunteer said of the first ever Sevenoaks Repair Café held last month “It was a big success and a happy day with lots of very satisfied visitors.”
Sevenoaks Repair Café runs on the second Saturday of the month at St Luke’s Church, Eardley Road, from 10am to 1pm with last repairs accepted at 12:30pm. Visitors can register one repair at a time.
Bring along any of the following broken items and sit with our repairers to see them being fixed:
* small/ medium electrical appliances * furniture / wooden objects
* bicycles * jewellery
* clothing / textiles/ craft/ general repairs * computers/ IT
We are grateful for the generous support we have received from Sevenoaks Town Council, Kent County Council, Kent Community Foundation, Waitrose, and Involve Kent.
Anyone wanting to volunteer or find out more is welcome to email email@example.com or contact the team through social media.
- Sevenoaks Repair Café is registering as a charity. The co-founders are Jenny Packer and Colette Dunn. The other trustees are Claire Boxall, Millie Dunn, Laura Hebditch, Natalie O’Shea, Ben Packer and Jennie Showers.
- For more information about Repair Café International Foundation see Repaircafe.org/en
- You can get more information from Jenny Packer 07980 168572 or Colette Dunn on 07415 887790. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org Photos from previous Sevenoaks Repair Cafe events are available for publication
- For more information about The BIG FIX see https://www.devon.gov.uk/news/the-big-fix-returns/